Maciej ‘Mac Ivan’ Iwankiewicz
I am experienced consultant and journalist.
As advisor and interim manager I realise projects in crisis prevention and management, public relations and public affairs, marketing and growth strategies development (services). I consult innovative solutions development in technical, robotics and space projects.
I am also writer and speaker, management advisor, creator of sustainable and responsible business. I write and publish articles in the matter of technologies, business, marketing and HR (selected publications). I have experience in organizing and moderating international and domestic events and conferences.
I train among others in public speaking and art of presentation, communication and negotiation (trainings). I also support managers in negotiation and mediation. In my work I use a knowledge in the field of psychology, human behaviour, emotions and body language and the development of personal and social relationships.
I am a graduate of Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in the Construction and Operation of Mechanical Devices at the University of Science and Technology in Wroclaw (1991) and postgraduate studies of Marketing at the University of Economics in Wroclaw (1993). I also ended a lot of professional training in business, organization management, psychology, sales and negotiations.
I am the author of a new idea for a project of complex exploration and exploitation of marine and oceanic underwater space using robotic technologies. It can bring many benefits from the point of view of the protection of the maritime environment, the impact on climate change and increase benefits of international maritime economy, such as tourism, transport and underwater mining.
Privately I am interested in films and literature of history, fact, science-fiction and visions of the future, theater and music. I actively practice sailing and hiking. I play guitar and performs poetic songs and shanties. I am a Samoyed dog breeder.
My Favorite Quotes
- If you want to understand life better to spend more time sailing! (Mac Ivan, not only sailor)
- A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor. (English proverb)
- It is the set of sails, not the direction of the wind, that determine which way we will go. (Jim Rohn, entrepreneur, motivational speaker and sailor)
- Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk. (Sir Francis Chichester, aviator and sailor)
- There is nothing after our lives, no monuments, no history. Just is only water. It feeds us and then takes us, swallows all, as if we never existed. (Mr. Gates, pirate)
- Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to be become a man of value. (Albert Einstein, physicist and sailor)
- Hey boss, did you ever see a more splendiferous crash? (Alexis Zorba, Nikos Kazandzakis – Zorba the Greek)
- If you think that good employee is expensive try to employ a bad employee. (Chinese proverb)
- Helping is not a lost time. (Chinese proverb)